• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

small problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AFG34

i have onboard sound and i notice that there isa background noise. I notice it when something quiet is playing like a movie. any ideas. u kno when u r on the telephone and the other person is blowing air in the other side. kinda like the wind against ur ears in a windy day. its low and sometimes annoying. any idead on how to slve this issue?? i think im using realtek.

mm.. try to corner the problem by eliminating the possible causes one at a time.

first off, do u have a mic connected to your computer? if so, check to make sure that the mic is muted on the playback part of your sound settings, but unmuted on the part that is on the recording part of your sound settings

next make sure its not ur speakers that are the problem. try another set of speakers or even headphones.

It may just be that the onboard sound card is quite bad. The onboard sound on my computer does a very similar thing and I couldn't find a solution. So I purchased a creative sound card and that solved it.

Have you tryed downloading the newest drivers and installing them?

Hopefully you can fix your sound, that annoying background noise really gets to you.

its not really a BIG deal becuase the only time it bothers me is when someone is talkin in a movie and no background soundtrack o rnoise. so its not that bad. ill think about buying a sound card when i get a good deal.

Back