• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on water cooling kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fathom1990

I've heard some good things about the kits by Alphacool, specifically the Xtreme Pro set. Now, I'm currently on air, but with rising summer temps, I'm thinking about going to water. I know better performance/value can be gained from buying the individual components, but I'd like the ease of just having all the stuff there with a book explaining to me - not that I'm a complete idiot, but it feels good to know exactly what you have to do and be able to go back to it at any time. What are people's opinions on the Alphacool kits, are there others available that offer similar performance (or better) for less? I'm looking to spend no more than £150 (around $180).

Thanks.

i have the extreme 111 rad and xp waterblook with 3 x themaltake a1280 fans on a zalman fan controller alphacool 10/8 tubing hydor l20 pump (changing for laing DD4) and am very happy with my temps - 2.8 p4 at 3.2 average of 86 watts of heat fans on full speed = idel of 28c max load 35.5 - low speed = idel 29c max load 37.5. Yet to add my gpu block (swiftech mcw60)hopefully arrive on tuesady along with cape coolplex 25 and uv fluid.

I have not used a kit, but I have read negative comments in several kit reviews stating that the instructions were not all that clear. Perhaps not all kits have poor instructions, but if you do go with one I would still do your homework and not depend entirely on the instructions that come with the kit.

With a custom setup can you buy monitoring/auto-shutoff things like the ones that come with some of the waterchill and koolance kits?

When you are using a DC pump it will shut off when your computers shuts off, no need for relays and crap.
If you are getting a kit only get the Swiftech kits, they are bundle of some of the best parts you can find and if you buy the same parts individually you will save some cash.
No experience with Alphacool but if you are looking at their kits I guess you are from Europe, my only problem with the Alphacool kit is that it uses a AC pump which I'm totally against.

Back