Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
Forum Jump

What about Vista - games, and updates?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-11-06, 12:30 PM Thread Starter   #1
Xaeron

What about Vista - games, and updates?

I was just wondering if anyone had tried to play any Half-Life 2 with Vista beta 2 installed? I have beta 2 downloaded but I'm a little worried about installing it because I won't be able to play Half-Life 2.

And what about sound? I've heard some people aren't getting sound to work? What kind of sound cards do these people have because that would be terrible if I installed Vista and couldn't listen to my iTunes collection because Vista won't work with my Audigy.

And finally updates. Does anyone know if they'll offer windows updates to the beta version of this or is it what you see is what you get? I'd like to be able to install this and use it until the final version comes out.
Xaeron is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-06, 12:47 PM   #2
snafumaster
Software Jedi

The updates thus far as I have done them are through a local aplet. There are some updates, I have installed three. Of course it will somewhat depend on your hardware.

I must have a problem with all of my Windows machines...they never seem to crash.
snafumaster is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-06, 12:48 PM   #3
therapture

HL2/Steam will NOT install for me. My saved folder crashes when trying to run it as well...

Driver support right now is *very* shaky for gaming....I do have GLQuake1, Quake3, Quake4, and Far Cry running, although Far Cry has water texture corruption. Doom3 = no go, it goes to a black screen after loading a level although the game is still running in the background, if you leave it going long enough, it BSOD's.

If you need everything to work, you better not switch at this point. Remember, it's BETA.....
therapture is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-06, 12:49 PM Thread Starter   #4
Xaeron

I know it's beta and that's why I haven't installed it yet. I don't think I will either. You know something new comes out like this and a person gets curious.
Xaeron is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-06, 12:52 PM   #5
therapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeron
I know it's beta and that's why I haven't installed it yet. I don't think I will either. You know something new comes out like this and a person gets curious.

I wan't being rude, just talking.....
therapture is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-11-06, 04:13 PM   #6
>HyperlogiK<

vista beta 2 isn't for gaming, both because it is much slower than xp and because it is er... beta. only install it if you want to try it out, don't bother if you want to run hardcore apps or games.

Core i7 950 @ 4Ghz, Gigabyte x58-USB3, Radeon 6870 CF, Xonar D2X, 12GB Kingston HyperX 1600, Bigfoot 2100, Agility 3 120GB, 3x 2TB Spinpoint F4, Corsair HX1000w, Cambridge Audio A500 and Acoustic Research speakers (Main PC)
Alienware M11x, C2D SU 7300, Geforce 335M, Corsair Force 40GB (Laptop)
Opteron 175, DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra D, Radeon x850 XT PE, 4GB BH-5, OCZ Petrol 64GB, X-Fi Xtreme Music, 2x TerraTec PHASE 22, Enermax Liberty ELT500, Yamaha A-S300 and Mordaunt Short Aviano speakers (Music PC)
Pentium D 920, Gigabyte 965P-S3, Geforce 210, 2GB Elpida DDR2, TerraTec PHASE 22, ASUS DVB-T (HTPC)
Dual P3 866Mhz, Intel 440LX Board, 1.8GB PC133Mhz, 2x Voodoo 2 12MB, Turtle Beach FIJI (Retro Gaming Machine)

Heatware
>HyperlogiK< is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Software > Microsoft Operating Systems
Microsoft Operating Systems Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications