• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2 - RAID 0 (I don't have mobo CD)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Particle Charge

Will I have trouble trying to set up raid 0 with this mobo if I don't have the motherboard CD. I also don't have the RAID floppy (I'm just guessing it comes with one, my last two mobos did anyway).

My windows disk is XP Home with SP1A. I have flashed to the latest bios.

I guess my question is what will I need to use raid 0 if I don't have the mobo cd. Also, can you set up raid after windows is installed? I read that it is better to do it while installing windows.

Thank you

My hardrives are two Hitachi Deskstar 7K80 80GB (0A30356).

Last edited:
Particle Charge said:
Will I have trouble trying to set up raid 0 with this mobo if I don't have the motherboard CD. I also don't have the RAID floppy (I'm just guessing it comes with one, my last two mobos did anyway).

My windows disk is XP Home with SP1A. I have flashed to the latest bios.

I guess my question is what will I need to use raid 0 if I don't have the mobo cd. Also, can you set up raid after windows is installed? I read that it is better to do it while installing windows.

Thank you

No you won't have a problem setting up RAID without the disc. What you need to do is go to www.asus.com, into the DL section and download the driver disk utilit for ICH7R controller. The retail packaged board does not come with any floppy, you must make the floppy yourself from the utility on their website.

For raid what you want to do is, enable IDE raid within the bios. Then hit ctrl I during boot to enter Matrix Storage controller. Configure drives into raid. Then boot the windows CD, make sure the floppy with the iastor.sys file is in the drive. Hit F6 to load the device driver from the floppy(it ill say "hit F6 to load storage controller"). Now you will be able to install XP onto th raid array.

I'm raiding now! Thanks Ranger, BigStan and Nasgul! Lol. :attn:

Ok, I used the #9 from Intel. http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

9.) Floppy Configuration Utility - Intel® Matrix Storage Manager [F6FLPY32.ZIP] (264KB) 5.7.0.1011 5/23/2006 - Creates floppy disk for 32-bit OS with Intel® Matrix Storage Manager 5.7.0.1011 files - used to preinstall RAID driver (F6 during Windows* setup)

Last edited:
Back