• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista beta 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vipersfate said:
Anyone know how I can get this besides paying for shipping on a DVD? I don't have a DVD burner...

Put your XP CD under your pillow and Bill Gates will come in the night and drop one off.

OK, seriously there is pretty much no other way. Maybe have a friend send you one. If I had time I would.

Anyone that's willing to send me a DVD for free? lol. I like the Bill Gates joke.

I don't know about VM, but I wonder if anyone has installed it on a Macintel yet.

I dont know if anyone noticed yet. But on the Windows Vista website it says that you need only 512MB of RAM. I am on Vista Beta 2 right now and this thing is chugging away at my 1GB of RAM and using 801MB of it on the OS ONLY!! :O

Vipersfate said:
It's still a beta tho. It's still gotta be worked out :D

yeah, but if it is decent, and i like it, then i'll buy a full copy of Vista Ultimate when it comes out. By then, I should have the money to buy that, and a system to place it on that is many times better than what I currently have.

16GB does that mean it installs 8gb for the op sytem maybe less and the rest full crap you get with pre-built PC's like AOL and Ebay.

maddog39 said:
I dont know if anyone noticed yet. But on the Windows Vista website it says that you need only 512MB of RAM. I am on Vista Beta 2 right now and this thing is chugging away at my 1GB of RAM and using 801MB of it on the OS ONLY!! :O

That is too much, I have 2gb of RAM and no pagefile and my usage for the OS alone is under 500mb which I feel is fine with all the glitzy add-ons. There are many things you can stop to lower that amount like Windows Defender and Indexing.

Vipersfate, pm your details and if Nero works in Vista Beta i'll gladly send you a copy...

edit: not quite ready to revert back yet, if nero doesn't work :(
edit2: i have 32bit version...

I'm downloading the 32bit version now. I'll put it on a spare 20GB partition as a quad boot with w2k, XP & Gentoo.

I'm not going to waste the bandwidth for the 64bit version as I don't have a 64bit machine.

Edit: Nah I went for the 64bit too LOL.

Last edited:
Back