• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do 7900's Work on HL2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattsterMH

I have a evga Geforce 7900GT 256 mb, and I heard that it encounters some problems.

The only game I play is Half-Life 2 (and cs with it) and I just wanna know if anything bad will happen when I play this game. A few of my friends told me it might mess up my card, or the game might just crash.

Anyone know the answer?

BTW, I also have 2 gigs DDR ram.

Alacritan is right. That 7900GT will fly seamlessly with HL2. I wouldn't listen to my friends anymore if I were you, they obviously don't know jack ;)

I just finished playing through HL2 Episode 1. It ran perfectly. Like the other guys said, your friend is full of crap and doesn't knwo what he's talking about.

yes, send your friends over here, tell them we said they dont know Jack, and we can introduce them to jack.

I don't know..
Everytime I load up HL2 and start playing my card starts to make a loud screeching noise, starts to rattle, and then begins to smoke..

Just kidding :)

I already told my buddies about this site.

I also told the dude who thought my card was complete **** to read all the reviews and what you guys thought.

Now my friend is still talkin' junk to me, like he knows more about the card than I do.

Tell your friend that he's just jelous because he doesn't have a kick-*** card. I can play anything I want with this card. I have it in for RMA right now but software has nothing to do with the artifacting...

wow im sorry but your friends a moron... at least when it comes to computers

tell him 2 sign up here

Back