• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello, and HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scooter4n

Hello. I'm new in here, and I want to say Hi to everybody. And I have question.
First: I overclock my Athlon 1400 to 1530, ( when I look at my CPU, my L1 bridges wasn't cut) by multiplier, and CPU temperature stays at 50 on reg. idle, system temp at 40. Should I keep going until I hit hi temp, or there is limits for that cpu.
And one more thing. When you want to overclock you FSB, you want to slow your ram speed, is that solving down you ram performance by speeding up you FSB??? Can some body explain that for me.
And by rising Core V from 1.76 to 1.80 or more what dose that do?? How far can I go on that??
Sorry about all this stupid ?? but I must know all that, I guess my thirst for that.
Thank you.
Pete

Hi there scooter4n welcome to the forums!

Ok first off 50°C idle is way to high , I just looked at MBM and my temps are 41°C cpu and 25° sytem temps now this is with a [email protected] with 2.05v (burning it in). Do you know what your load temps are , if yes please post them? What heat sink and what fan are you running , how many case fans do you have? As far as max temps go I think its about 90°C when your chips go boom. You should try to keep your overclocked cpu loading at or below 50°C just for good measure.

As far as the fsb increase with aggressive memory settings you cant overclock you fsb as high as when your memory is set to more conservative setting. Sometimes but not always you can make up for the slowed memory settings with a nice fsb increase but its better in my opinion to run the memory at the highest or most aggressive settings your system will allow then find out how high your fsb will go without becoming unstable.

Raising your vcore will give your processor more voltage more power and of course more heat. With more voltage you you can usually overclock higher and still remain stable. I would say with real good cooling you shouldn't go higher then 20% above default.

Good luck

I just got in to this, so I don't have all that cooling , but I'll get there soon. I got 1 fan in and 1 out + power supl. fan, cpu fan with original AMD Heat sink, and 1 fan on motherboard.
I guess I have to work on my cooling prodlem, and my power suply, because I got 250W ( I know, I know it's to small, I'm working on it) I'm getting 4.80V on 5V, but my mother board monitor say that I can be in 4.6 to 5.4 NO PROBLEM. What you think??

You can run ok at spec when your 5V is 4.8 but when you OC it it will most likely cause stability problems.

I also agree with everyone else that has mentioned your temps 50 is way to high for an idle temp I would leave it stock until you can get some better cooling.

Back