• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory n00b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobthemoo

right, only just figured this out, and it wuld explain why my games having been jolting a bit more than usual... anywhoo, i looked on cpu-z, and it said that my memory divider was 'cpu/18' i installed asus' ai booster utility and it was preset to overclock 5% of the original value. heres a piccy:

14akfmp.jpg

basically, i just want to know how o put my mem divider back to 1:1, on an asus a8n32 sli deluxe, (dont actually know why i went through that up there but hey, u get a free pic.) :D

thanks

Go into the BIOS, DRAM or RAM configuration, dividers are usually located at the top of the list. You will see a number or a ratio like 200 or 1:1, 188 or 5:6 or whatever. Change that to 200 or 1:1 which is the same thing and set the HTT to 200 and adjust the timings to their stock values.

Also be sure to turn off the AI Booster or otherwise it wont' work.

Good Luck :thup:

On that board, it's under the CPU configuration option in the Advanced tab. There will be two options in there, select the first one. That's where you will find an option labeled "Limit Memory To". That's the "Divider" you are looking for.

okay i did that ^^ and set it to limit to 200mhz. it now says cpu/12 in the monring ill set it a bit higher and see.

Stab in the dark says you have to turn off the ai booster like the first reply says, and then modify the bios option.

update.....i just uninstalled ai booster but that was after. okay, this morning i set the limiter to i think it was 230 (or around that) and it completely screwed up. it said something about the BIOS being corrupted and told me to put the driver cd in. i had to do that twice, then it told me to reset my overclock :( its back to a crappy 2411MHz now :(

last time i mess around with memory lol

ps, its still on cpu/12

bobthemoo said:
update.....i just uninstalled ai booster but that was after. okay, this morning i set the limiter to i think it was 230 (or around that) and it completely screwed up. it said something about the BIOS being corrupted and told me to put the driver cd in. i had to do that twice, then it told me to reset my overclock :( its back to a crappy 2411MHz now :(

last time i mess around with memory lol

ps, its still on cpu/12
cpu/12 is correct as you've just increased HTT without changing the cpu multiplier, right? (from your sig i assume it is 12 * 232)

first, try setting the "limiter" to 200 rather than 230. this will run the memory at its rated speed plus your overclock. it may well be that your memory isn't capable of keeping up with your cpu's overclock, however, so you may have to lower the divider to 166 or whatever is the next step down from 200 in your bios.

I'd stop using the AI Booster utility and just use the bios from now on, I used it when I first got my mobo, but it sets the voltage way, way, way too high, and messes up alot of stuff

Back