• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wakeboardin_411

I'm building a new system and i have a few don't know what processor to pick up. I'm for sure going intel for there cheap dual cores. I just can't decide thou, I watercool and overclock and want to keep it under $200. How much of a inprove ment would the D9xx series be over the D8xx series. The 65nm would help with OC but is it worth the extra $60 lets say from the D805 to the D920?

Also if i wait for amd to drop there prices(coreon release) would intel drop there prices anymore so?

Intel prices will also drop, but if you were to buy one right now i'd say get the PD 930 for 190$.

I second the vote for the 930, pretty good chip and most of them are clocking to 4GHz on stock volts right out of the gate.

Don't buy anything from the PD 8xx series? you on a agenda or something, not sure how much heat would matter since i'm watercooling it anyways. When is the price drop gonna be (approx)and what will the prices be like(approx)

Wakeboardin_411 said:
Don't buy anything from the PD 8xx series? you on a agenda or something, not sure how much heat would matter since i'm watercooling it anyways. When is the price drop gonna be (approx)and what will the prices be like(approx)

Water cooling can only do so much, it has it limits. Try cooling 6- D8xx CPU's with your water set up. It wont work. Heat is heat, the more of it there is, the more problems and speed bumps you will encounter.

And D9xx is 65nm, there for its better.

Back