• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Talk about NewEgg EXAGGERATING the 7950GX2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Look at this here:
http://promotions.newegg.com/NVIDIA/7950GX2/index.html

And here is the image taken from within the link above:
chart.gif

DOES ANYONE NOTICE HOW 0.0-0.8 IS CUT OFF? Haha... it makes it look like the 7950 is like 400% better, lol... I see how they're showing the 7900gtx as 1.0 (which translates to 100%), and the 7950 being whatever amount better percentage-wise. (for example: Doom3, 7900gtx 1.0, 7950gx2 1.4; thus, 40% better)

I know... some people are smart enough to notice the BS within this, but it's ridiculous how annoying marketing can truly be.

I'm sure this has taken over many kids with rich parents...

LOL! Thats funny! the bottom increaments are definately misleading.

It's just marketing. Technically they are not bias casue the graph is clearly labed. This kind of graph is widely used in marketing. Done by Intel, AMD, ATI, Nvidia....... you name it, they've done it.

There are folks who are easily persuaded by advertising, but there are those who can gauge for themselves. If you are the latter, you wouldn't be complaining about this graph cause it's an old trick.

If I had a dollar for every time I'd seen marketing departments pull this sort of BS...

g0dM@n said:
how much do we get out of it?

Nothing, it isn't false advertisement. As long as they do not claim it to be 400% better ''cause the bar is 4x longer'' there's nothing you can do. This is just marketing at it's best, showing what people want to see. Every corportion is guilty of it.

That is just awesome. Thank God for my college education that looked at the graph and said, "WTH? Oh, I see what they did." I hope it works for them, 'cause daddy needs a cheaper gpu in the future.

Never did care for those Management/ Business types at university.... always seemed a little on the shady side. Being a science major, I always examine the axis of any graph, but whatevs, lotsa 14 yr olds will be screaming, 'But dad, its like, 3 times better!!' LOl.

Sjaak said:
Nothing, it isn't false advertisement. As long as they do not claim it to be 400% better ''cause the bar is 4x longer'' there's nothing you can do. This is just marketing at it's best, showing what people want to see. Every corportion is guilty of it.
i was joking... i'm sure you already knew, but saying that JUST IN CASE you think i'm an idiot...

so how much did you say we'd get out of it? :D

First thing i look at is the scale...you have the be seriously naiive to trust any sort of graphs straight out of the marketing department.

Back