• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Error??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AOpen

my system has this triangle with a ! mark in it, and it says there is another ip address on the network that is conflicting with mine. I have a wire for my internet, and my parents have wirelss but i dont think its secured so what can i do? why is this happening? I dont know much about networking so i could call my dsl man. if its something you cant explain to me how to fix.

Well, either one of your computers was assigned an IP by DHCP and you have another PC that has the same IP manually specified....or there's somehow 2 different DHCP servers conflicting....OR someone has hacked your parents wireless and are leeching or something :)

I would find out if the computers actually had conflicting IP addresses. Assumign that they are windows OS's, run "ipconfig /all" on both (of course without quotes), in the command prompt and see what each computers IP address is.

Normally you don't, since they're assigned by your DHCP server inside your router. If you want to assign static IPs, you can do it in control pannel, network connections, properties of the network interface and there in the tcp/ip properties

Back