• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zonelabs Frieball

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbell

the real xtremesys admin in exile
Recently (2am today) I discovered that all of a sudden my firewall doesn't want to elt anything through it.... except my ability to ping.

Have any of you guys run into this? I am on broadband and need to have a firewall....

I have the Pro 2.6 version - you pay for something it should work like intended!

no thought of that... unlocked and ALL progz active to the net are given full permission right now... it started a few weeks ago when i would lose my connection (even though it is wireless braodband) and have to reboot comp. now it sits dead!!

I had this problem earlier in the year, but never figured out the cause. Tried uninstalling ZA, completely cleaning ZA, remove TCP/IP, reinstall TCP/IP, and on and on. Finally had to reinstall Win. I believe it was a corrupted protocol and not ZoneAlarm, though. Wish I could help, but that's all I have.

jbell said:
Recently (2am today) I discovered that all of a sudden my firewall doesn't want to elt anything through it.... except my ability to ping.

Have any of you guys run into this? I am on broadband and need to have a firewall....

I have the Pro 2.6 version - you pay for something it should work like intended!

Sorry i cant help you with this, cause i only non-pro 2.6 version of it!
Mine runs fine! But i have 56k modem, not broadband like you...:(

You can try to remove all programs from Programs area and run it all over again, but that´s just an idea...

I run the freeware version and have had no trouble, but.....

I have had other apps act up and when all else fails (uninstalling, etc) BEFORE I reinstall Windows I uninstall and run Ontrack System Utilities (Mine is actually Fix It Utilities- older ver). The Registry Fixer app works great! I just delete everything it finds until there are no errors and then reboot. It doesn't always work, but it beats a reinstall. Bugs the he...ck outta me when I can't find out WHY though.

Maddman said:
can you ping domains or just IP addresses.

yes I can ping but nothing else when ZONELABS is running

Yodums said:
Did you change any settings before this problem occured?

No I changed nothing... I was in chat with my friend in college when it died....

Godfodda said:
I had this problem earlier in the year, but never figured out the cause. Tried uninstalling ZA, completely cleaning ZA, remove TCP/IP, reinstall TCP/IP, and on and on. Finally had to reinstall Win. I believe it was a corrupted protocol and not ZoneAlarm, though. Wish I could help, but that's all I have.

I hope it is NOt that serious

Back