• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RadioShack Clearance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adamwinn

I searched and couldn't find a thread on this already, so here we go:

RadioShack is closing some of their locations, and the ones slated for closure (Store Locator) have some crazy clearance deals going on. If you go to fatwallet you can find a full thread with all the popular deals listed.

Basically they are reducing everything by a % until the store is empty. Right now they are transitioning from 30% off everything to 40% off everything. Certain things (cables, etc) are up to 60% off.

I just went to my local RadioShack and snagged this 13.8VDC 3 amp power supply for like $17 after all the discounts were applied.

13.8VDC 3A Power Supply:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...9&cp=&origkw=13.8v&kw=13.8v&parentPage=search

adamwinn said:
I searched and couldn't find a thread on this already, so here we go:

RadioShack is closing some of their locations, and the ones slated for closure (Store Locator) have some crazy clearance deals going on. If you go to fatwallet you can find a full thread with all the popular deals listed.

Basically they are reducing everything by a % until the store is empty. Right now they are transitioning from 30% off everything to 40% off everything. Certain things (cables, etc) are up to 60% off.

I just went to my local RadioShack and snagged this 13.8VDC 3 amp power supply for like $17 after all the discounts were applied.

13.8VDC 3A Power Supply:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...9&cp=&origkw=13.8v&kw=13.8v&parentPage=search

wow nice pickup , to bad one by me aint closing =[ would of went shopping for a new dvd player and other stuff

One by me closed a year or so back, I got 2x 13.8v @ 25amp PSU's for mah pelts at $20 a peice.

wow... 20min (12 miles) away from me I found one closing... now is it worth the 20min each way + gas + time for 40%?

know if there are any deals better than that, or is it straight up 40% for all?

check the store locator, if a store in your area is closing there'll be a big tag next to it that says store closing, everything on sale.

they still want $15 for a USB printer cable...

said screw that and bought one from a local small business shop for $4

Hehe 3 of them near my house are closing

btw i picked up a old aluminum heatsink w/ 40mm fan pentium cooler from them for only 4$ and it can be slighty modded into a chipsetcooler, its better than stock but not that much

No wonder they're closing up. They've been turning into some kind of "best Buy" store for years. They should've stuck with the original business model. I walk in them looking for a moderately obscure part and they look at me like I'm crazy. Most employees there know nothing about electronics, proper a/v setup, or computers. They are, to put it bluntly, like every other retailer.

Just Some Dude said:
They are, to put it bluntly, like every other retailer.

Much worse - compared to most retailers their selection stinks. :p

Anyone have any good ideas for stuff I could get there? There's a store closing 7 miles from my home...

I need a punch-down tool for work, do they carry these in-store?

I CLEANED HOUSE!!!! :D:D:D:D

I got everything pictured ehre, for $11.45. Not bad, considering it would have cost me over $40 to do normally. I pretty much wiped out everything they had left components wise.

shack.jpg

haha i almost bought that hs too!

I'm very happy with my $4 soldering iron (its okay to have 3 or 4, or 5...), bag full of resistors, 48 range multimeter with pc interface, bag full of DP clips, $1.30 s-video cable for Gamecube, etc :)

Back