• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will another PSU Work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wellnessoc5

I have run into quite a conundrum. My psu stopped working, (A Fortron AX-450-PN), but it works fine in other computers, and I tried another psu in my pc and it worked fine. I was going to buy some new RAM, but I might have to spend the money on a new PSU. Will one of the same brand work? Could this be a PSU problem or a mobo problem? Does anyone Know what's going on?
Is there any way I can fix it?

It is going to take a little more information to try and diagnose this. Have you made any changes to your system recently? New hardware perhaps or done anything that would have increased the load on your PSU? What PSU did you swap in that worked? Have you tried backing down to stock settings (no overclocking and overvolting)?

I fixed it, my system is restarting and showing BSOD's at random intervals, but at least the psu turns on.

Bro, if you are getting BSODs, nothing is actually fixed. You are spending a lot of money, so why not get the most out of it?

Back