• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for 24 inch widescreen lcd reccomendations.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thereelaristotl

Registered
I would mainly use if for playing MMO's with some FPS sprinkled in. Other than that web browsing etc, some occaisonal movie watching and of course endless hours of Baseball Mogul which is like a glorified spread sheet baseball sim, that I've been addicted to for like 5 years, which I guess would be considered text based. :cool:

Money isn't a major concern but as always a penny saved is a penny earned. Thanks.

I've been most happy with my 2405. Color reproduction is good, with no more color banding than any other I've seen. It's ok for FPS in games although there is on occasion some tearing, to me not enough to upset. Don't play games too much, so can't comment on response time being great or otherwise other than I haven't noticed anything wrong.

Tons of inputs make this a very good choice for multipurpose monitor i.e. 2 PCS + DVD + DBS/Cable + Console and PIP for any. That is hard to beat. Video off component (480p DVD) is not brilliant but satisfactory given huge amount of upscaling that needs to be done and no worse than any other LCD Monitor/TV I've seen. DVI picture off PC is brilliant and leaves nothing to be desired. VGA input does a decent job, picture seems a tiny bit blurred and not as bright/crisp but still ok (think non-DVI LCD's). 2405's casing (2407 is uglier) is a huge plus for me as I simply hate all those other fancy shmancy looking contraptions with speakers, big buttons, curves and what not. Yuck, but that's a personal preference of course. Overall 2405 was an extremly good buy for me (as were 2005's)

I see that 2405's are no longer available and the successor 2407 in light of 2007's problems (which to be said to some ppl are not very detectable) could be a crapshoot at this point but, if banding issues have been solved 2407 should be just as good.

Well I could still get a 2405 from some sellers, its slightly cheaper not that it really matters.

So what's the verdict? 2405 or 2407?

Thanks, gents. Also what are the odds I wind up with an A01, I know they have 00 01 02.

I've ghosted on these boards for a really long time, I just rarely post, I think I had a different username but I forgot it cause I drink too much. :beer:
But always nice to feel welcome.

Back