• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

using P4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am, but it's a Dell. I'm pleased though, it's turned out to be a pretty good computer, in spite of having Winblows ME on it. Can't wait to see what it'll do with XP. The only downside is that I can't OC it, or tweak it very much, but that's what I have the Celery for.

Yea not many people are using that combo.. but eventually since the Asus P4T-B has come with the RDRAM support.. booyah ;)

I was frowning at the NEC RAM - I have to cut the DRDRAM multiplier to 3X at any FSB over 120.

Temps are about 53C under a full load with the stock heatsink and ASII. I have a Swiftech MCX478 on the way, which should be in Monday. Hopefully I can break 2GHz with some stability after installing that.

I also just picked up a 1.2 Tualeron, so I don't know where my focus will go next. :D

Hemi

Nope your not alone look at my sig.
Hoping for a overclock over 2000 but it won't post any higher than where i'm at for now. I don't know why yet!

load 46C
idle 13C after the system has been running over hours
seen it as low as 6C at start up

Bigger peltier needed!

Burning Phoenix said:
Nope your not alone look at my sig.
Hoping for a overclock over 2000 but it won't post any higher than where i'm at for now. I don't know why yet!

load 46C
idle 13C after the system has been running over hours
seen it as low as 6C at start up

Bigger peltier needed!

how can you make your system 13c?

mine is 27c

I just put in a 1.5 Ghz P4 in my Abit TH7-II raid. Guess what, my Samsung ram will do 133 Mhz fsb at 4x. :D Yeehaw. I'll post some memory scores out of this world in the memory area. My 1.7 will post at 2266, but I need a better cooler for it to boot in to windows as well. Benchmarks with the [email protected] pretty much equals the [email protected]

Last edited:
Turbo said:
I just put in a 1.5 Ghz P4 in my Abit TH7-II raid. Guess what, my Samsung ram will do 133 Mhz fsb at 4x. :D Yeehaw. I'll post some memory scores out of this world in the memory area. My 1.7 will post at 2266, but I need a better cooler for it to boot in to windows as well. Benchmarks with the [email protected] pretty much equals the [email protected]

Turbo thats a nice overclock what are you using as your cooler?

Yodums said:

Turbo thats a nice overclock what are you using as your cooler?

Thanks :) I'm just using the stock Intel retail cooler as it has been impossible for me to get a better cooler anywhere here in Denmark where I live. Most people here are getting Athlons, so there isn't really a market for socket 478 coolers here yet. Meanwhile, I'm running at 2025 Mhz and 135 Mhz ram/fsb and stable. Here's a SS of WCPUID. Cool stuff.

RE:

i love my P4, and wouldn't own anything but intel right now.

Although, AMD's problem of reliability is changing.(Heat Issues Mainly)

Anyways, i run 3 Pentium 4 comps

2 Dell P4's and a Abit TH7 RAID with a P41.7

My dells are geat and i used to have a program that unlocks the BIOS so you can up the FSB on the DELL

my dad gave it too me, he does the chipset architecture and other things for Dell

and my Abit comp is great too, i can run it at 1.7 @ 1.955 stable with a FSB of 115.

After tht, i can't get into windows, i think its a voltage problem and a cooling problem.

i have a Koolance kit coming from

http://www.epowerhousepc.com/[/URL]

i think there going to be a great place like this place.

and also a 550 watt PSP, so i can't wait to see what happens

if i find tht program to unlock the DELL's, ill put it on my FTP and

post the info to my FTP

Turbo: That's sweet...I knew the Samsung RDRAM will do the PC1066 dance, which is why I was frowning upon the NEC crap that I have (they puke after 960). I asked the vendor I bought it from if it was Samsung before I bought it, but then when I pulled the 3rd party brand label off, I found SyncMAX labels...

Oh well, I'll just have to get a couple new Sammie sticks later on... :)

Hemi

hemi: Thanks. I picked up some advice given from one of the more experienced guys on this forum to somebody else asking what memory to get for a P4. I also saw a preview somewhere on PC1066 ram, and they used "hand-picked" Samsung PC800 DIMM's. I basically put 2 and 2 together, and where I live they're pretty much the cheapest ones too. Can't say I have any regrets about this choice ;) Now I'm hoping for a Northwood 2 Ghz I can clock to 2.7 or something. Wouldn't that be sweet :D

Burning Phoenix said:
The 72 watt peltier and water block!
My old system 700@1022 used this peltier with a water block and i was getting -13C at idle and around 12C underload.

what is The 72 watt peltier and water block!?

where do you get it?

Peltier i bought from ebay over year ago and water block is this one from DangerDen.com

mazep42_large.gif

they also sell peltiers and thats where i will be buying my bigger one. I also bought from them the waterblock for my video card but i haven't used it for the fact i applied large heatsinks and fan to the gpu and memory chips. The temps on my video card never go over 43C.

Back