• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1800xt WOOT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killerkid

Hey guys i finnaly got my new x1800xt 256mb saphire card and my new psu.
So far stock this card is amazing, and sooo much better then what i was using before....which we wont mention lol. Ive gotten the core up to 670stable, 680 i got 1 artifract, mem i havent overclocked yet, but we will see how it goes, also i will make sure to do bench marks at stock and at overclocked.

WOOT.

PS: what should my fan speed be, i leave it at 100% constent because it doesnt bother me, is that bad?

set it up so its like this in ati tool, thats what i did and was fine idle fan at 45% ,and when gaming at 100%

37c 36%

40c 41%

43c 41%

45c 45%

47c 45%

50c 50%

55c 86%

56c 100%

hmmm this is a little strange, whenever i do "find max mem overclock" in ati tool, whenever my mem raises up, my screen will flicker real fast. Anyone know why? Is that a sign of instability?

dont use "scan for max core/mem" functionality from atitool on any of the x1x00 series cards. it doesnt work well with them.

killerkid said:
hmmm this is a little strange, whenever i do "find max mem overclock" in ati tool, whenever my mem raises up, my screen will flicker real fast. Anyone know why? Is that a sign of instability?
It'll do that, but yeah, dont use ATITool for artifact checking. Open 3DMark and just keep raising it/benching it (can abort after ~30 secs) until you find the limit.

the ways i use to find the max core/mem is to use 3dmark05.

when you pushed the core too high, it usually freezes during the benchmarks. which will require a windows restart. however, it wont damage your card, at least thats what ppl told me. so, when 3dmark05 freezes, then u know u'll have to lower the core frequency.

as for finding max memory, 3dmark05 will have artifacts poping up here and there especially during "nature" and "air ship" benches when ur mem freq is too high. so lower it until no "visable" artifacts are showing up.

also, you can exit out 3dmark05 after the "air ship" bench, before the cpu test, and still get a 3dmark score. the first 3 benches takes about 10min, which isnt too long.

ATITool works pretty good for finding artifacts (at least, I haven't heard of problems lately with it), but it's "find max core/mem" feature dosen't work with some cards. 3DMark works as a good artifact test, but not as good as ATITool IMHO. Manually overclock the card and then run the artifact checker after each step, just as you would with 3DMark.

JigPu

alrighty sounds good, that seems alot easier too considering if i run 3dmark after every 10mhz, thats 10mins x alot lol.

well ati tool doesnt like my core being over 675 or so, 680 i get artifracts, i dont get the normal yellow dots, but its beeping at me and saying some delta thing.

edit: also, how hot is to hot for my temp?

hey just thought i'd update you guys on how this card was overclocking.
currently with using just atitool .25 beta 14 im at 702 on the core and 828 on the mem, the core is good to about 710-712 but at 715 i get locked up and have to reboot, and theres still a little more headroom left with the ram. Im really suprised that this card can do this much lol.

ps: homer, at 715 did you have to reboot looks like our cards are about the same heh.

ya, my core is pretty stable around 711. anything over that i get lock up at 3dmark05.

my mem can go up to 825 w/o artifacting. beyond that, i start to get minor artifacting and more if i push mem higher.

blah you guys need to get on aim heh.

Question, when overclocking do you guys ever have to like manually reboot??

by the by, i got my memory up to about 850 with atitool but around 860 or so it locked up and i had to reboot.

killerkid said:
blah you guys need to get on aim heh.

Question, when overclocking do you guys ever have to like manually reboot??

by the by, i got my memory up to about 850 with atitool but around 860 or so it locked up and i had to reboot.
yes, i rebooted many times :p

850 is kind of pushing it on the memory btw.

with my cpu, at 2.5ghz, 280x9 or 285x9 i forget, what kinda benchmark scores in 05 should i be looking for overclocked that is.

Back