• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bad checksum....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobthemoo

this recently happened when i changed (well attempted to) the memory divider.

For some reason, i cant overclock anything from the BIOS. I restarted and got a message saying bad checksum, press F1 to enter set-up or F2 to reset settings.

Now, i have completely lost my OC, and have to put up with the slowness of 2.4 GHz :( :)p).

Hell, whenever i restart my computer it says this. It bleeps once (as usual) then bleeps a second time and comes up with the message.

do any of you know how to fix this? its really rather irritating.

thanks

Dead CMOS battery. Also make sure that you have the CMOS reset jumper on the right setting.

Replace the CMOS battery. Only thing that could be causing it, other than the jumper being set to closed.

okay cheers, ill try that in a min. luckily i still have that ECS mobo lying around..... at least it can be some use :p

<EDIT> Update: did exactly what you said to no avail. still comes up with the same message.....

Last edited:
Check the jumper setting, try turning the computer off at the supply and keep pressing the power on button that way the capacitors should discharge.

jumpers in the correct position, plus is turned it off and repeatedly pressed on/off button - even left ot of overnight but it still comes up with message.....

Your BIOS may be corrupted then. Try flashing it with a known-good BIOS

If it doesn't work, then RMA time!

right, i was afraid of that.... before i flash i will try another battery.

ill look up flashing as im not too sure

Back