• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(Issue solved-sss) 2007FPW question for one LCD experts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Running the native resolution of 1680 x 1050 and I cannot figure this out. Using the buttons on the 2007FPW I go to Display Setting, then I see the

• [*]Back
    [*]Wide Mode
    [*]Sharpness
    [*]Zoom
    [*]Audio options
    [*]Display Info
    [*]Display Reset
    [*]and Exit

Now my question is, why is the Wide Mode and Sharpness Greyed out and unselectable? Is it because in native resolution this is not an option? Because If I use a lower resolution like say 1280 x 768, I can adjust the Sharpness, but not at 1680 x 1050 :shrug:

Thanks in advance for any help or advise regarding this. My first LCD and all......

land.jpg

Here is what I see:

Attachments

• Leah 047.jpg
    Leah 047.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 123
Hello, SSS. I am still folding past you.

And to answer your question, the "Wide Mode" is only assessable when using smaller resolutions because it has no need to stretch your image in native aspect

As for the Sharpness, this is also due to the scaling of pixels. I am sure you know that LCDs have permanent pixel sizes that aren't ajustible like a CRT. When the image is stretched (like when you use the "Wide Mode" settings to stretch it or it's of different resolution) it has to display a single image pixel on more than one physical LCD pixel. This causes the blurriness that people complain about and say "You have to use native resolution". The setting Dell gave you is to make it crisp, or blur the image slightly to get rid of the unevenness.

Trying to sharpen a pixel that is already mechanically perfect isn't possible, and therefor, the option is blurred out. I hope that all made sense.

Yamiyanazz said:
Hello, SSS. I am still folding past you.

And to answer your question, the "Wide Mode" is only assessable when using smaller resolutions because it has no need to stretch your image in native aspect

As for the Sharpness, this is also due to the scaling of pixels. I am sure you know that LCDs have permanent pixel sizes that aren't ajustible like a CRT. When the image is stretched (like when you use the "Wide Mode" settings to stretch it or it's of different resolution) it has to display a single image pixel on more than one physical LCD pixel. This causes the blurriness that people complain about and say "You have to use native resolution". The setting Dell gave you is to make it crisp, or blur the image slightly to get rid of the unevenness.

Trying to sharpen a pixel that is already mechanically perfect isn't possible, and therefor, the option is blurred out. I hope that all made sense.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back