• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

recomandation pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doohoodogg

Hy, im new here but i love this.
im planning on an upgrade this summer and i dont wanna make a mistake, i need a mobo and a cpu, absolutely AMD, and nVidia chipset on tha mobo, preferably from asus.
Now, im from Romania, and in this country PC components are extremely, extremely expensive, a medium end cpu is twice the sallary\month.
Now, can u recomand me a mobo with an nvidia chipset and an amd cpu ? im a gamer, offcourse, and remember that i cannot order from other countrys, just from my city, but i can order at my PC shop the respective components.I hope u know what i mean.\
thx and srry fro my bad eng

I suggest you do as the rest of us and research your parts. if I were to recommend you a system it would be a

Asus A8N32
AMD Operton 165
Nvida card of your choice.

He is researching parts. If he just goes by specs alone he may end up with crap. Only opinions and experience of other forum members can help him wade through sub par components by unreliable brands to get to the really good stuff.

My experience with AMD boards has been nothing but good. My current board is an ASUS A8N32-SLi Deluxe and I am running an Opteron 165 (as per sig). I love this board. I have had nothing but good experience with it. My 1 and only complaint is the location of the CMOS battery and jumper. It's placed next to the bottom PCI-e x16 slot. Makes resetting CMOS impossible unless you remove the bottom card.

If you can't get that board, The DFI Lanpatry-UT NF4 i had modded to SLi was friggin sweet also.

If CPU's are that expensive there, you should definitely go with an Opteron 165. If you get one with the right steppings they can easily overclock to 2.7 or so on air and nearly 3 on water.

Brando said:
He is researching parts. If he just goes by specs alone he may end up with crap. Only opinions and experience of other forum members can help him wade through sub par components by unreliable brands to get to the really good stuff.

hrm and how do we know what good?

review sites and articles. The guy needs to do his reading.

I get what your saying. I wasn't trying to be rude, I just mean that sometimes asking a question is a great way to weed out the worst stuff and point a guy in the right direction. If I had done so when I bought my computer I would probably have an Epox, Asus, or DFI motherboard instead of this MSI Neo4 platinum. The reviews were stellar but people like the ones at this forum gradually discovered flaws and figured out there were better options. Also, reviews can be pretty random sometimes. Even after reading all the reviews I could find on the Tuniq Tower 120 I'm still not completely sure it's the best cooler. Same goes for everything.

The only Opterons around here are the 2xx ones and those are.......exxxtra expensive, i think and Athlon 64 would be quite good and also quite accesible here. The same motherboard A8N xx i was planning to get too. A question. every Athlon 64 is on 64bits right ? i mean i can use an 64bits OS right. cause on the specifications from my shop, not all Athlons 64 has "arhitecture = 64 bits" specified.
Thx

So the mainboard remains an A8Nx

Wich one from here sould i choose

Procesor AMD ATHLON64 3000+ 939 ADA3000BPBOX

384,00 Lei

Procesor AMD ATHLON64 3000+ 939 ADA3000DABOX

382,00 Lei

Procesor AMD ATHLON64 3000+ AM2 ADA3000CNBOX

401,00 Lei

Procesor AMD ATHLON64 3200+ 939 ADA3200BPBOX

489,00 Lei

Procesor AMD ATHLON64 3200+ 939 ADA3200BPBOX