• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI X1800XL 512mb Clock Speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryinny3

I just got a MSI x1800XL 512mb vidio card. Has the two slot cooling solution(WOOT!!) Problem is, I have installed the Omega 6.5 drivers and there modded ATItry tools. Number one it says Overclocking dissabled(and it wont let me enable it) Secondly, Its showing my clocks at 500/500!!!!! 3dmark05 is showing same clocks 500/500.

I thought the card was suppose to be 500/600 default??? Also does anyone know How to get overclocking enabled?

I even tried the 6.3 ATI driver and it didnt even give me overdrive.

What are the actual clocks suppose to be on this card? dont get me wrong, this card is kicking the crud out of anything ive ever owned, with everything turned up im getting 7499 in 3dmark05.

Thanks for ANY help.

Harry

Thanks Bud, I have read most of that thread, and am almost willing to do the flash, but with all the possible problems, Im kind of leary. But anyways, Are the clock speeds right for this card? 500/500? I thought a XL 512 was suppose to be 500/600? Or is that the XT?

Thanks again, Im so busy, ill try and read more ASAP, Running 7 servers takes most of my time LOL.

Harry

500/500 is stock for the XL. XT comes in 625/750, but some 512MB XTs come as 600/700

Thanks, Preciate the info. card still rocks though so im very happy with it.

Flash isnt in the cards for me, I dont bench and this thing did very well with all settings turned up. 7499 with omega's in 05 isnt bad at all.

harry

harryinny3 said:
Thanks, Preciate the info. card still rocks though so im very happy with it.

Flash isnt in the cards for me, I dont bench and this thing did very well with all settings turned up. 7499 with omega's in 05 isnt bad at all.

harry
i get 9400 in 05 trying to hit the 10k mark :) didnt try n oc the card yet, but my processor is at 2.9 :)

Nice score red, I cant get my proggy to above 230fsb because my ram STINKS! LOL If i had better ram im very sure i could hit 250 NP, and get a bit more out of the 3dmark score. But my score now is with forced 6x/16x HD is not defragged, and i have Omegas turned up to the max, and i ran 05 at 1280x1024 with settings cranked up. Not to mention i have 7 things running in my taskbar LOL.

So, going from 3300 with a vanilla 6800 to 7499 Is a HUGE jump for me for a bench. BF2 runs like a monster with all game settings to High, and forced AA and AF. Getting 79fps constant, and 99 and above alot of the time. Looks fantastic also.

Thanks MSI for a Great card.

Harry

Back