• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum - $80.69 @ the Egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great card indeed, but I think one could do better on the price. I believe it was on these forums before, but there was one Creative rebate offered off a site bringing this to $69. And that was just prior to or on the release of the X-Fi series, too. That was a while ago, though, and I haven't seen anything like it since so this is probably good for now.

Monque said:
Great card indeed, but I think one could do better on the price. I believe it was on these forums before, but there was one Creative rebate offered off a site bringing this to $69. And that was just prior to or on the release of the X-Fi series, too. That was a while ago, though, and I haven't seen anything like it since so this is probably good for now.
I haven't seen a price this low for the "Platinum" edition though. This gives you a breakout box that fits in a 5.25" drive bay for better I/O connectivity. It's very useful for those who do recording from line-level analog or digital external devices.

One word of warning about this card though: It is not a good choice if you want to use Linux for recording external devices, because capture volumes for the inputs are way too low. This is an open issue in the ALSA bugtracking, and I doubt it will ever be resolved. Functionality with the Creative drivers in Windows is fine though.

KillrBuckeye said:
I haven't seen a price this low for the "Platinum" edition though. This gives you a breakout box that fits in a 5.25" drive bay for better I/O connectivity. It's very useful for those who do recording from line-level analog or digital external devices.

That's what I was referring to. I bought the "Platinum" edition of the card with front bay "box" sitting in my computer for $69 after a Creative $100 rebate sometime ago (last year). Your Buy.com thread is much more in line with what the price should be (and possibly where the $69 deal was initially).

Back