• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone with 9500-9700 please test this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

I want to buy a 9500 softmod card for a media center system and need to know whether it can support massive HD files like these

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4189-AE59-1E70A72F7962/H3E3_Bnet_large_ST.wmv (warning, halo 3 insider HD video, 384 mb.. very large but cool)

and this

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...38-d0f60da6fb54/Coral_Reef_Adventure_1080.exe
(100 meg download, HD 1080 clip)

oddly enough my laptop can support these, but ive heard many people having issues with these. my current setup with a 4x agp plays *ok* not nearly good enough though. im very intrested in seeing if anyone with the 9500 can run the second clip in HD 1080 with any lost frames (check analysis in WMV to know for sure)..

Thanks guys.

Ozzman said:
cool thanks.

P.S love the avatar lol..
lol thanks, she has wireless so its not going as fast should be done in another 6 minutes for the smaller mb one halo thing gonna be a while lol

redrumy3 said:
lol thanks, she has wireless so its not going as fast should be done in another 6 minutes for the smaller mb one halo thing gonna be a while lol

heh, np. if your into halo, you should also check out the trailer. its very well done..

okay that coral video seem to work fine on sister pc. 1280 x 1024 resolution made it full screen. halo thing gonna be awhile saying 1 hr 14 minutes :X

I didin't think that the 9500 series had support for HD playback, so basically it's all dependent on your CPU (I could be wrong though). On my computer, that second clip plays back fine. On analysis, I dropped 145 frames throughout the whole clip with no stuttering. My celeron [email protected] was working pretty hard though. Around 85% CPU usage throughout.

Duner said:
I didin't think that the 9500 series had support for HD playback, so basically it's all dependent on your CPU (I could be wrong though). On my computer, that second clip plays back fine. On analysis, I dropped 145 frames throughout the whole clip with no stuttering. My celeron [email protected] was working pretty hard though. Around 85% CPU usage throughout.

hmm, really. i found a review of a fx5600 which had zero dropped frames. given 125 isnt really anything but still curious how it will run.

Back