• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asrock usb2.0 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greyharte

keep loosing my usb 2.0 drivers tried running xp drivers and asrock drivers but doesnt seem to help works for a day or so then no usb again (using a 512mb jump drive and an ipod)

im currently running the 1.9 bios on the 939dual, had the same probs w/ the original 1.2 and the 2.10

any suggestions?

hmmm i dont recall if i have legacy support enabled or not ... ill check it when i get home tonight

I have heard of others having usb issues with this board... resolved by rma, but that is a hassle. Hope that someone can help you find a fix.

Have you tried disabling usb in device manager, then re-enabling?

Or, you can use the integrated driver and install only the usb portion from here:
http://www.nvidia.com/page/uli_drivers.html
Since nvidia took over ULi, the ULi drivers are available on nvidia's website. Personally, I do not trust the drivers from the ASRock site after I saw that they called the agp driver a 'graphy driver' instead of a 'graphics driver' during my initial install. Switched out to the ULi integrated, no probs.

had 2 usb categories in device manager 1 specific to the uli usb 2.0 ... when i removed everything from that category/group and rebooted ... stopped getting the windows usb error message and device started working correctly

<shrug> who knows ....

Back