• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yarl

Hello I'm new to the forums, but i've been reading them for a year ;)

Any-hoo, I've been searching for a motherboard that would fit my needs. I was planning on using a pentuim d 930 proc. At the same time I've been trying to maintian a certian budget. So basically I'm looking for a motherboard that will allow me to use 184 ddr ram, PCI Express (preferablly a full x16), and overclocking capabilities that would allow me to reach 4.0ish.

I would perfer one that costs less than 100$. Thanks for any possible answers

*Sorry* forgot to add Sata

Last edited:
ASUS P5GPL-X Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915PL ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail -- $68.99 @ newegg

Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo(REV 1.1) Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail -- $74.99
@ newegg

Theres 2 that fit your criteria.... Both are usually decent for overclocking (I'd say asus might be better in the OC department....but i couldn't say that for sure.

The giga-Byte has 2 DDR and 2 DDR2 slots...so you could upgrade your RAM int he future if you wanted.

it looks like the ASUS gives you a SPDIF out if you want digital out (to a receiver or something)

Good luck!

EDIT:
OH BTW :welcome: to the forums! :)

Back