• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mitchfy

Registered
I tried to order a 7950 from them and have it 2 day air. They won't sell it to me because I am not at my billing address? I travel for a living and buy stuff all the time. First time I have had a problem like this? I have two addresses and am in OHio for the next two weeks and had to go some where else to buy it!

That's not a a NewEgg Problem. A lot of credit cards will deny if the shipping address does not match the billing address. It is for everyone's safety. It is a small price to pay (inconvienence) for safety.

sometimes you can call them and let them know and make the order over the phone with a rep or they may have you make the order then get them the order# then they can override whatever it is and get it done for you.

I've never had to worry about this but I had a friend in a similar situation he would go around all over to various companies and train their employees in various things, (anti sexual harrassment, work behavor etc) so he was rarely at home and what he ended up doing was he'd call a company he wanted to order from and then explained the situation and in most cases it all worked out.

In travel to about 10 to 20 cities a month and have never had a problem? Had laptops sent from Gateway and Dell. Always shows up like said. The same card they don't won't buys things all over the world and has never been decline! I even bought a car on it! But good enough for Newegg? Go figure!!

mitchfy said:
I tried to order a 7950 from them and have it 2 day air. They won't sell it to me because I am not at my billing address? I travel for a living and buy stuff all the time. First time I have had a problem like this? I have two addresses and am in OHio for the next two weeks and had to go some where else to buy it!

The solution is very simple, just call your credit card company or bank if its a debit card, then have them add this temporary address as your primary address. Then after you get your order from the vendor, change it back. Not like they charge you to do this.

In fact I do this all the time when I buy PC gear for my sister and relatives out of state. I have it delivered to them using my credit card, and after the item is paid for, I call the bank and change it to what it was before. ;)

Back