• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wc for Spectre :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

einstein2

I've named my PC Spectre :D, figured it sounded good as its a pretty high end system, anyway, im gonna put a bid on ebay in the next couple of days for this WC setup

Eheim 1048 240v Water Pump
PCI Relay Card
DD Maze 4 CPU Block - Socket A/370
DD nVidia GPU Block
DD Heatercore radiator

I know i have to scrap the Maze 4 block and get a 775 one. Might dump the GPU block as well, as ive only just brought my 7950 :D. Is that a pretty good setup to start with? get some good tubing and coolant and im away :D, also what is a good 775 water block?

my.php
[/URL]

Last edited:
Id check which MAze 4 GPU block it is... whether it will fit your card... acctually i dont think there IS a block to fit your card ( in sig) yet is there?

*edit* im pretty certain what ever GPU block it is its not gonna fit !
infact... how much are you planning on paying fro this rig mate ? looking at the pic ot seems a bit erm... old.

theres soem good retailers in the UK for WC you know... they havent all flown to the US :p

i know that lol :D, im on a budget :D. Its a nvidia cooler, but the person selling it says he's used on a 9800. but in anycase im not gonna WC the GPU just yet. Just the CPU and possibly the chipset. if i win £35 including delivery by recorded. how much is that RBX?

the RBX is not a good block for any socket 775 boards... as it just dont fit !!. UNLESS your prepared to hack a chunk out the bottom of the block, which is easy enough ;)

id just still be a bit warey buying things liek that off ebay tbh, gosd knows whos had em ! btu for £35 that will eb okay

Plenty easy for us pro modders right? Haha, R B Customs and I both have the LGA775 DangerDen block, and we both had to file/grind a groove near the edge of it to fit over our caps around the socket.

buy a low-restriction block, since the pump is weak. Swiftech 6002 would be good choice, can be found cheap too.

Not to be a complete ***, but how could you be on a budget with that kind've rig?!

einstein2 said:
ok :), i,ll keep any eye out for that one :D

To be brutaly honest, 775 blocks second hand are hard to come by. in the UK.
and most of the time you just have to but new stuff. id say the gold dust od the second hand blocks would be a RBX for 775... i had to buy a conversion kit fro mine lol

i use this alot for reference... getting maybe a little dated now though
http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/wbsum.asp

I would go for the D-Tek White Water with the universal mounting bracket. It has a low pressure drop (.49 psi and 13.5 inches H2O)

harakusara said:
I would go for the D-Tek White Water with the universal mounting bracket. It has a low pressure drop (.49 psi and 13.5 inches H2O)

That water block is indeed a good water block, but it won't work with the 7950. 7950 has two cores and it isn't designed like a regular graphic card. It has two layers and i believe aquagrafx 7950GX2 is the only block that i know of would fit the 7950. You should look at the card again to see what i'm talking about.

Back