• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! p5wd2 premium problems after OC...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dravenass

Registered
so i cant seem to get my system up and running after a few OC tests... i was at around 290fsb and around 1.3875V when i tried to restart.. the fans turned on but i could not POST or get back into the bios.. no video no nothing!!

i tried to reset the CMOS following the manaul: power off and unplug, take battery out, and switch jumpers for 5-10sec and place back in normal setting, put battery back in and power up... this didnt work.

also i noticed that the activity lights were acting weird on the corsairs... only one would light up 4 leds, while the other one was lighting leds in odd places... after several seconds after restarting they would not light up anymore... i switched them out and did diff configs but that didnt help...

any ideas on whats going on??? thnx in advance!!!

p5wd2 premium
930 presler
corsair xms2 twin 512mb x 2
ocz powerstream 520w
seagate 500gb sata

Suppose you will have to borrow some ram and put it in and see what happens. Then if nothing, try a different CPU, PSU, Mobo and so on until the culprit shows itself.

I wish I had all these spare parts laying around but I dont... i might have to RMA everything and start from scratch.

Try pulling things like your vid card out when you do the cmos reset ... and leave it all off for a few minutes.

I suspect it is your mobo ...

do you have a speaker attached to the fpio on the mobo ... it is required for diagnosing the mobo etc via beep codes. You can pull things out like mem, and should get a beep code saying no mem etc. There is a faq on beep codes i think on the asus site.

I you are uncomfortable figuring out the diagnosis steps yourself, ASUS tech support by phone is pretty good at diagnosing the basics. I have used them a couple of times in my early days of building and oc'ing, and they can get your mobo rma started if necessary. You will need a speaker for the diagnosis since there are no post code led readouts like there are on the abits mobos.

hey pscout, thnx for the advice... yeah i had speakers hooked up to the mobo but i didnt hear any beeps after pulling components from it... i guess it could be a dead board but just in case i RMA'd everything to newegg. I will let everyone know how it goes...

i will prob just wait for conroe to come out. still debating on either getting conroe or getting something else after prices drop....

Back