• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quadro FX4500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pf.Farnsworth

Well I do solidworks 3d parametric modeling and the program has some very nice graphic features but they only work with sertain video cards. Seems the graphic design type cards. But none of the gaming cards are supported, not even the latest and the greatest.

I was looking at the nvidia Quadro FX4500 and GeForce 7900 GTX and I dont see to much of a difference.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16814133162,N82E16814150143

How good of a gaming card would the Quadro FX4500 be? Or not suitable at all, if not why?

they do fine for gaming but not as good as the DX cards, they are very similar but tend to be tweeked more for Open GL as thats what most highend 3D programs require.

how big of a difference are we talking about? The Quadro FX4500 is sli compadible. I wonder if it can run with a geforce card.

i dont know if you can or not, we dont need open GL at work so we just use regular gaming cards :(

i would see if you can find some benches online or something because im not sure how much of a difference there really is.

aperently

"Most of the newer models of GeForce are actually "locked" Quadro's...
It's the same core, same type of memory and usually about the same connections!
RivaTuner will give you the option to "unlock" the professional options!
My GeFroce 6800Ultra is now a "Quadro FX 4400".
In most cases you will get some nice gaming with it, but the 3D rendering is awsome!"

have a thread at XS, so far I like what I am hearing :)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1529609#post1529609

nice. Although I think the main benifit of the proffesional options is not perfromance but special featres. Like the magic vertex shader something you do so solidworks can use real time material rendering during rotation and motion. I need to get myself a decent card to I can look at my models in realistic rendering.

Quadros seem to be the same as their gaming counterparts, just a different BIOS. So you should be able to flash a regular card to a Quadro, assuming you can find the BIOS.
Just some thoughts; don't blame me when you kill your card. :)

Quadro and GeForce are nVidia cards - hence I have moved this to the nVidia section where it belongs.

Back