• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AOpen

i know a little about car audio, but not enough to actually install stuff, and troubleshoot, my friend does but he is at work right now, so basically here is what happened, i got 2 12inch elemental designs subs, and the mono amp from elemental designs, a lanzar capacitor, i have had all this for just about 9 months now, today i turned off my car, went into the grocery store talked to my grandma for about 20 minutes come back out, and my car is filled with smoke, i look in the trunk and my capacitator is all brown and shot looking like it just underwent fire which is probly did, so was it the capacitor or something else??? THANKS!

Last edited:
Check all your fuses and wire, wherever it is hidden. If the fuses are fine and the wire doesn't look burnt (melted casing or dark spots on the wire itself, assuming the casing is clear), then it was just a bad capacitor. Also, double check the battery and alternator with a multimeter.

Capacitors are pretty much useless anyways. They're just a band-aid for an inadequate electrical system. Take it out of the loop.

first off, its a CAPACITOR not a CAPACITATOR!! lol

and yeah, sounds like the crappy branded cap may be the culprit, (although it could have fried other things in the system while committing suicide) get rid of the cap, see if everything still works, if it does, go buy a lottery ticket!

Back