• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista + RAID Configuration Troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi

Hello

I havnt posted here in ages, but anyways :)

Iv just gotten Vista BETA 2, i had it before i got my new hard drives, and now i gotten my new ones and put them into RAID config

How do i get Vista to recognise/load up the RAID drivers for my config?

I hav Vista x64 RAID drivers here, but i dont know how to get Vista to load em during installation, otherwise it just says it cannot get information about my drives

Thnx

You don't need x64. Download the nforce vista 32-bit drivers and use that on a 32-bit Vista installation. I also have nforce raid and downloaded the nForce - Windows Vista Beta 2 Drivers (http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html) and extracted the entire folder. I put this on a seperate cd and during vista installation, I chose to load drivers, put in the driver cd, and Vista then searched the entire cd for drivers it needed, I chose the 3 drivers (for my nforce raid installation) that it needed, and then I put back in the Vista CD and chose which partition I wanted it to install on.

Last edited:
So use the x64 version on the site I posted. The x64 (64-bit) drivers are directly next to the x86 (32-bit) drivers and will operate the same way as I explained. Make sure you use the vista beta 2 drivers, not the 500-series winxp version.

Last edited:
-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
yes, but i wish to use X64 version of Vista BETA 2
Because i was using it before i got my new HDDs

Does anyone know a workaround?

Do what I did, download the free trial of WinXP64 and install it then install Vista 64. Be aware that you have to slipstream the Nvidia RAID drivers into the WinXP64 CD before you install. It is a mess to do but it works.

so let me get this straight...

I have 32-bit windows XP right now...
I want 64-bit vista ....

i need to install a trial of XP64 just to do this??? I cant just use 64-bit drivers for the Vista install and existing 32-bit windows OS ??

bboyfobulous said:
so let me get this straight...

I have 32-bit windows XP right now...
I want 64-bit vista ....

i need to install a trial of XP64 just to do this??? I cant just use 64-bit drivers for the Vista install and existing 32-bit windows OS ??

Only if you have a Nvidia chipset and SATA and/or RAID. The Vista DVD (32 and 64bit) does not include the Nvidia drivers that are needed for a fresh install from boot. You have to install it within an exsisting OS. Furthermore you cannot install Vista 64bit from a XP 32bit enviroment and visa-versa. Vista is still in very early release stages so issues like this will come up. There is a workaround that works real well. Follow the link above.

-_{MoW}_-Assasi said:
when i finish installing XP64 Bit, it gets BSOD when i load windows, i dont think the RAID drivers for XP64 work :(

Like I said in my original post, you have to slipstream the nVidia drivers into the XP64. Go here to see how to do this. It sounds like alot of work but it was quite easy after I gathered all the info. I got the same error when I installed XP64 for the first time.

Back