• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP pro install Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazymilk

I am trying to install windows xp on to my 2 x 74gb Raptors in RAID0 and i am having some troubles.

I can install it using the NVraid option by using a floppy with the drivers on and all seems well until i get to the part when the computer should reboot. It does'nt. on the first reboot screen it just says 'resarting the computer' and it does,nt. I manually restart and carry on with the install.
Next time after it has copied the files(when it copies the files and finialises the install) and again it should reboot but it does not. so again i manually reboot again and finish the install and all seems well. however, once i have finished (i havent installed any drivers or anything yet) i go to shutdown/restart and it gets to the 'windows is shutting down' and again it does not. i have to manually shut it down.

Any help why its doing that??

What are your complete system specs in detail? Have you tried resetting CMOS, or selecting either of the two Setup options... "Load Optimized Defaults" or "Load Failsafe Defaults", then only changing those BIOS options absolutely necessary to get Windows installed properly? Are you running the latest BIOS revision for your board?

mY SPEC ARE

ASUS A8N SLI PREMIUM BOARD
2X 74 RAPTORS
2X GTX 7800 IN SLI
2X 1GB CORSAIR XMS PRO3500LL
FX57

Ihave updated the bios to the latest version and have set the setting to default.
i have not reset the CMOS but as i updated the BIOS do i still need to do that and if so how?
Windows seem to operate ok once i have installed it(by manually rebooting when it shold do it automatically but it wont shut down or restart when i try to in the star menu. i just stays on the 'windows is shutting down' screen

thanks for your help

i did read on the ASUS forums that there might be problem with setting xp up on western digital drives in RAID0

any help???

thanks

Back