• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D2 1.11 Patch Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

D2 1.11 Patch Problems Or So They Say

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32590

Note: For some reason they seem to think the game is World Of Warcraft but when he describes the druid going to wolf then bear it's obvisouly Diablo 2.

I have flammed the author for the mistake BIG TIME!!!!

Last edited:
boris_37 said:
and... who still plays diablo 2? that game is dead...

Now that, my friend, is an uninformed statement.

I love Diablo II, and I still play it all the time, as do many of my friends. In fact, do a search for 'Diablo II' on this forum and you will see how not dead the game is ;)

D2 is still good. I have played off and on since the expansion, and I just started a character again last week and it was a blast.

You all act as if i hate the game, oh i dont. I racked up tons of hours running meph getting my 47% mf greaves(forget name ATM) and other sweet stuff like that. It was good, but too short and laggy, its all about killing mass amounts of things and its too easy to die in end stages of the game.

We were responding to your "D2 is dead" statement.

And you must not have racked enough play time if it was too easy to die in the end stages.

thefranklin said:
And you must not have racked enough play time if it was too easy to die in the end stages.

lol doubtful, some of my gear was ist'ed skulder, 47%mf war travs and many many other things(that was just my mf gear).

The point about dying im trying to make, is in order to get to the point of not getting pwned beyond all belief you had to sit there for hours hunting down runes or items, which was a complete bogus waste of time. You could easily run through the game on normal in a matter of... 4 hours max with a friend? Granted it took awhile longer on the other difficulties but it was the exact same game.

PS: I'm not trying to sound awsome, far from it, i was missing the rune combos like "stone" or what not that were just too darned expensive and not worth the time input unless you botted.

Yeah, its cool. Of course the more characters you build the better they end up being. I think I got at least 8 sorcerers to lvl 90 in my tenure, All in different patches/ladders whatever.

And godly mf gear is not the same as godly staying alive gear:)

I've got back into it again installed it today StarCraft :D

Siege Tanks Rock!!!

"I'm About To Drop The Hammer"

I depense Some In Discriminate Justice!!!

Q Dramatic Tune!!!!

Like said above, D2 will never die! (until D3) :mad: :D

In fact, now that you mention it, I'm going to fire it up right now. :thup:

He never mentioned a wolf form. And it wasn't edited. I read the article within an hour or two of it being published, and it's the same now as it was then.

He's clearly talking about WoW, so I have no idea wtf is going through your head. The Inq is about as bad as it gets in the tech journalism industry, but there's no reason to make up issues to call them out on. They have enough real problems to bust their balls about.

I flamed the author right after I read it and they have replaced it with the real article if you don't believe me then ask the others who read it before they changed it.

boris_37 said:
lol just goes to show how wrong the inquirer always is.

and... who still plays diablo 2? that game is dead...

I am currently playing DII again. I find myself pulling that one out once or twice a year. There is still alot of people playing it pretty heavily, and just look at the amount of support that Blizzard has given it over the years. Certainly they would not if people were not playing it...

i just wish they hadnt nerfed nova sorcs. I was playing my nova sorc dealing 3000dmg a hit, then come back after patch, bang, can barely kill anything on mid difficulty.

However hammer pally's rocked and charge could do like ... 1000%? dmg or sumthing. my pally was named mc_hammer, hahaha. break it down!

AngelfireUk83 said:
I flamed the author right after I read it and they have replaced it with the real article if you don't believe me then ask the others who read it before they changed it.

considering wow just updated to patch 1.11 and diablo 2 has been through multiple versions of 1.11 (a/b and i think c the last time i looked at it)

I believe they are talking about wow.

Back