• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help finding IP address for CS Source

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hey guys. I just finished creating my dedicated server for CS Source but am having trouble in finding which IP address is the one that I tell my friends to use to connect to. I tried going to sites like whatsmyip.org and told my friends to try the IP given, but no such look - they get a "not responding" message when they add the IP into their favorites. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Yup I did that already. I'm not sure if using the IP address that the website gave me is correct though. Also, how do I know if I have to add 27015 or 27011 or something after my IP? Thanks.

chevro1et said:
If using a router, check this:
http://www.portforward.com/help.htm
and select the 'static ip' page to set one up. It will list many routers, just pick yours from the list. Then navigate to the 'common ports' page, and open the appropriate ports for whatever application.

Back