• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to minimize power loss in modular PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bad Maniac

As commonly known the biggest powerloss for a PSU is in the connectors, so what can we do about modular PSU's where we have an extra connector creating resistance?

What can be done with the modular connectors to increase conductivity and reduce power losses? Short of soldering them in place I mean ;)

I wouldn't worry about it. The power drop is likely to be insignificant unless the connectors are damaged, in which case the connectors should be replaced.

"don't worry about it"
!? Is this the same forum where people spend $200 to get a 1 degree temp drop? Heh I guess I wont worry about it. I'll put my new rig together and measure the rails first. :)

Tighten them slightly? If each pin is round, like those on Ultra and Antec cables, press between the pin and plastic, 90 degrees from the slit.

Back