• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ageia PhysX Cards For £200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Well they out maybe not in force but there available and pointless for me until I get my AM2 set-up sorted. What BUS they are I've no idea PCI or PCI-E they don't say I'm PCI-E.

Would you say £200 is cheap or expensive here's an great article about these cards http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/06/19/can_ageia_uk/

It's also intresting to see there's not much gain with 1 installed but not many games use PhysX yet.

Last edited:
PCI, and they really dont offer a gain,if your looking for a gain i'd say upgrade you gfx card. they jus tadd better effects. Anyway.. GRAW & Cell Factor use PhsyX so will UT 2K7 an dmany others to come, they will have pateches for games as well to make the use the card. i'd say £200 is right on the money.

Very little gain by getting one right now, I would suggest waiting.
May wanna wait until ATI's solution comes out as well (Using video cards as physics cards).

Yeah, apparently a x1900xtx is 9x faster than the physX card, so... their soloution it already out, haha just 9x more $$$ :p

I reported that ATi asked for a 3rd PCI-E slot from Motherboard manufacturers.

See Here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=462456

I reckon ATi might have the edge over nVidia on this 1 if you read that article in my 1st post. It even mentioned that nVidia is working on it's own version of a PhysX card or engine using the Havok Engine and will provided support in it's 90 series driver.

I was going to wait until I start investing into Vista/DX10 adn all that jazz before I look into PPUs.

I believe they will be worth it in about 18months or so after the tech. has been around for bugs and issues and drivers make this thing solid and stable.

I can't see the point of a PhysX card just yet. Not enough gain for the investment. Also, there will be a PCI-e variant coming out soon so, might as well wait around for that.

I read that ATi & nVidia's version of a PhysX engine is now where near as good as Ageia's but that saying there ain't many games that require one yet.

DDR-PIII said:
Yeah, apparently a x1900xtx is 9x faster than the physX card, so... their soloution it already out, haha just 9x more $$$ :p
Thats cool u know but X1900XTX don't offer PhysX engine. Although in the new R600 processor ATi claims that PhysX engine will be integrated to the card; if this is true it will leave PhysX card manufacturers out of buisness. :(

[EDIT]
I think that the PhysX idea would have succeded if it were like 3-4 years ago...I mean...with dual core processors taking care of that...but it would be cool to practicaly have 3 video related cards in a box:D the idea of 1 or 2 for video & one for physics sounds cool:D but man they are EXPENSIVE!!!!

[Edit]
lol man... fox-drop.gif the ageia card needs to:

1)drop the prices by a lot!!
2)support more games
3)enhance effects
4)kill the bugs
...in order to sell

I understant that this is a new technology that cost a lot to them, but as offering minimal support and effects...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back