• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BX and ATX form factors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zazuk

From the looks of it when the Conroe come out (few months after) I will be upgrading. My current main board is a NF7-S which is an ATX form factor. Now
I'm guessing the Conroe will be using the new BX form factor, my question is... is the bolt pattern the same? Or should I start looking for a new case?

BTX is dieing, or dead I very much doubt any Conroe boards will be BTX form factor, they should all be the ATX (or m-ATX for the tiny rig peps :thup: ) that you know and love :beer: :D

I'm with greenmaji - I haven't really seen or heard of any Conroe development in BTX, but have seen quite a few articles alluding to its quiet demise. The currently expected Conroe boards for the near (immediate?) future appear to be ATX, so I wouldn't worry.

Unless someone with "industry insider information" can claim to the contrary, which I doubt, ATM.

Strat

Some of the OEM manufacturers like IBM/Lenovo are making BTX computers, but for enthusiasts I expect to see ATX. BTX just hasn't caught on that well for us, and I doubt it will.

Bios24 said:
Some of the OEM manufacturers like IBM/Lenovo are making BTX computers, but for enthusiasts I expect to see ATX. BTX just hasn't caught on that well for us, and I doubt it will.

Yeah, Dell is huge into BTX as well, and I think HP is jumping on real soon...but like you said, it will take a while before BTX makes it into the DIY crowd...I have a feeling that we will all be on BTX in less than 5 years...

Thanks guys for the good news, I was not looking forward to getting a new case and installing my water cooling in it.

Back