• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI-D voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slack

Hey,

DIF-Street is down, so hopefully you guys can answer this easy question.

I have just bought a San Diego 4000+ and want to set it up.

I am getting confused with the CPU voltage. There are 2 settings - the CPU Voltage and something that lets you run it at 110% (etc.)

I don't understand these, can someone explain.

Why would you not just set the voltage at what you want on boot? Why would you have / use the thing that lets you run 110% or 123 %?

Also, on a side note, if anyone else is running a SD 4000+, what voltage do you run and how is it set?

Why would you not just set the voltage at what you want on boot? Why would you have / use the thing that lets you run 110% or 123 %?

Why? Because the % option is an add since it is more than 100%. You want 1.58Vcore but you will not get it unless you use %add since the highest voltage "without" using %add is 1.55Vcore. It is that way.

RGone...

So, can I be stupid and clarify.

If I want 1.5v I should just set it straight to 1.5v and leave the percentage at 100%? There is no benifit about using the percentages?

Cheers

The settings interact and allow a very wide selection of voltages.
The voltage setting sets the voltage starting point.
The % setting allows you to increase over the starting point voltage.

I like to set my voltage based on stock, so (for my 4800+), I set
VID 1.35v
VID Special 121.9%
This gives me overvoltage of 21.9% or
1.35v * 121.9% = 1.646v

You could just set VID to a close voltage to that and leave special at auto to get the same result.
I believe that special gives you finer control (more steps).

Back