• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate 320GB & Di-524 $90 AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moho

I wanna title tooo !
Last edited:
Graphicism said:
... When I add the HD and the router combo the total is $134.99 -$25 makes it $110 AR ~ How do you make it $90AR?
add DLINK20 for coupon for $20 off :)

EDIT: NVM, they already del'd the coupon code :(

What's so good about the perpendicular technology? I thought that helped make larger HDDs... how is that better for a HDD size that was already capable? I wish newegg listed the read/write times of this HDD, but unfortanately they're inconsistent with specs and only show specs on SOME items!!

g0dM@n said:
What's so good about the perpendicular technology? I thought that helped make larger HDDs... how is that better for a HDD size that was already capable? I wish newegg listed the read/write times of this HDD, but unfortanately they're inconsistent with specs and only show specs on SOME items!!

Despite the drive probaly having not as fast read/write times as say a 200gb SATA, it would be a GREAT storage drive.

higher density = faster data transfer
From the reviews that I've seen these things are nearly as fast as the raptors

g0dM@n said:
LOL... I know now PHYSICALLY larger... I meant size-wise. :)

um that wasnt a joke thats not what he meant... he meant that since you can store more data per square inch, mm, etc the drive head doesnt have to move as much to access other sectors X_X

lovefool524 said:
higher density = faster data transfer
From the reviews that I've seen these things are nearly as fast as the raptors
where are these reviews?! :) i wanna see!!

what about a 10K raptor with perpendicular technology. :D :D

Ill look for the article, but I saw some reviews, and a bunch of benchmarks on this drive(or atleast the 750Gb version), and it seemed to have out performed the Raptor in some benchmarks.(not all of them, just a couple of em)

Fewer number of platters generally results in quieter drives too... least that's what I read on SPCR (never got the pleasure to mess around with a vertical drive)

Back