• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seagate 7200.10 Sata problems :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
I just got a perpendicular recording Seagate 7200.10 320GB SATA drive from newegg today. I was all excited but for some reason my DFI NF4 Ultra-D bios is not detecting the drive. I made sure SATA is enabled and I have tested all 4 ports. I even tried a few otehr SATA cables just to be sure. The bios seems to hang while trying to detect the drive and it has never done that for IDE drives. My bios is the latest version :shrug: Any ideas what could be causing this drive not to be detected? I have no other sata drives to test and no sata boards to test this drive on.

Without being able to test the drive in another machine I have no other option to give to you. There is no reason the board wouldnt see the drive just because it is perpendicular recordning. That will not stop the bios from reading the drive info.

It may just be a case of a dead drive.

His work around may work if its the bios that is causing the problem, however will not work if the drive is the issue. Guess he will find out..

So your board doesnt work with any sata drive? Did you check to see if their is a jumper that may turn sata on and off?

Back