• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoW to BF2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SunTzu69

I have been playing WoW in an organized raiding guild for about 1yr. and a half. I think the time has come for me to slow down and enjoy gaming for what it is. I am looking to play some BF2 this summer, and possibly join the community clan to socialize and have a blast. I have a few years experience playing the original CS, and a little CS:S, but for some reason BF2 appears to be more interesting for me... more features, teamwork, etc. :clap:

Has anybody made the move away from WoW to other games that are less of a time sink? How did you find the transition?

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1470198

SunTzu69 said:
I have been playing WoW in an organized raiding guild for about 1yr. and a half. I think the time has come for me to slow down and enjoy gaming for what it is. I am looking to play some BF2 this summer, and possibly join the community clan to socialize and have a blast. I have a few years experience playing the original CS, and a little CS:S, but for some reason BF2 appears to be more interesting for me... more features, teamwork, etc. :clap:

Has anybody made the move away from WoW to other games that are less of a time sink? How did you find the transition?

http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1470198
Well, I got the Eve Online trial when the thread first appeared here, and then 2 days before that was over, I got lucky at a store and got a 360. I still have an account, it's just disabled.

Thats too true. WoW is just such a good networking tool if people from your job play it also. I'm on a server with people I work with in RL, and I tell ya... Nothing like killing things and looting their corpses to bring you together.

But I do play Counter Strike Source a lot also, just because too much of any one thing kinda sucks after a while. So Playing a FPS and MMO are kinda of a good way to decompress from each of the games.

The job I'm going to next week has alot of people playing WoW after work, it seems as though it would be a good idea to give it a go. BF2 is a damn good team game though, even though its unintentional people still work together :p

I used to be huge into MMOs until I got burnt out and lost all my ingame items. So I've been big into single-player games and spent the last few months playing BF2. Since I got my new widescreen monitor though, I've been burning through every new game that has support for widescreen resolutions.

This has led me to doing a WoW trial account this week, since I have most of the week off. I'm only on my third day playing, but this game is so much fun! I'm a level 15 gnome warlock, and it's been alright with lots of quests...but when I rode those griffins to travel, I knew I had to buy this game!

What I would give to find a decent guild that can help me get into the game though. There's still tons I don't know and all sorts of language which is confusing. One downside to the game, is that WoW must have the worst servers I've ever seen. I get disconnected about 15 times per day, especially in Stormkeep, Westfall, and the forest place nearby:mad:

I personally never played WoW, but I have played other MMORPGs such as RYL and Maplestory (if that even counts).

To me, you had to devote time to RPGs in order to be good. Need to level up to be stronger to use better weapons, need to spend time to get money to buy the weapons, etc etc. Lot's of time commitment.

But in BF2, you do not need to dump in lots of time to have an advatage. If you are pro-FPS/stratigist, you can own as a noob. Granted, you do need to level in order to get gun unlocks, but the standard guns can often be used effectively.

But since there is no time commitment/'requirement', you may get bored with BF2. I can sometimes get bored after playing for a couple hours, which is a good/bad thing.

congratulations on starting to play a real game! (no offence to WOW players out there)
but to me, the definition of a game is using your skill and ability to beat other players, not playing the most to decide who wins.. that's why i love FPS's and strategy games.. and racing games.. games that take skill imho.

Nothing wrong with both games, they both end up sucking up alot of time (hell, bf2 took up a fair chunk of my time and I have yet to play WoW). Its more about what you wanna play at the time I think :D

Back