• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R600 DX10 Will Be Good But DX9 Will Rock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This seems very promising...... I'm getting a new graphics card in late september/early october.... most likely a x1900xt or the new 580's (x1950 anyone?).... But these cards look very nice as well.. But I'd never be able to wait till decembe!!

dan

inquirer articles make me want to hang myself

that said, its about time ATI got a new cooler for their cards because the x1900 series was uncomfortably warm using the stock cooler. I almost wanted to downclock my x1900xtx when I had it.

Dan0512 said:
I'm getting a new graphics card in late september/early october.... most likely a x1900xt or the new 580's (x1950 anyone?)
Good Call! (link)

I think I'll be heading the same direction as the R600 will probably be a little too pricy for me, hopefully the x1950xt will be just right... or I'll buy an x1800xt to hold me out till the cards after the R600.

veryhumid said:
Sounds great! I wish december-ish wasn't so far away :(.

come one now lets not rush through the nice summer weather it just got here! :):beer: let the good times roll :)girlies beaches and skirts hehehe:)

Burdman27911 said:
Good Call! (link)

I think I'll be heading the same direction as the R600 will probably be a little too pricy for me, hopefully the x1950xt will be just right... or I'll buy an x1800xt to hold me out till the cards after the R600.

DDR4 memory mmmm. It sounded like they where going to do that on the R600 cores but hey the sooner the better to test them out with the upcoming cards :)

I'm still gonna wait for the R600, heck, ive waited this long, a little more won't hurt. I want a DX10 card, and looks like the R600 will still kill everything in DX9 games.

I bet we will be hearing of 1GB high end card in a while, i've only heard of a 1GB workstation card from ati.

Back