• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VDD low, bad PSU or bad motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
My VDD is set to 1.8 in the bios. (in the computer from my sig) It sits around 1.6, but will drop to 1.48 according to bios/speedfan.
its a 431 watt enermax, and is probably three years old (easily)

My computer has randomly been restarting itself. Not freezing, just black screen, then post.

I'm just assuming the psu is getting old. Thanks guys

What are the odds that this would just POP up though? I mean, it's been fine for the 2 or so years I've had the board....

Mate, what board is it? Could you post pics of the caps on the board?

I think you may have some crap caps on the board. Look for bulging caps on the board.

RangerJoe said:
What are the odds that this would just POP up though? I mean, it's been fine for the 2 or so years I've had the board....

I had an Epox 8RDA with failing caps. I didn't notice anything wrong until a week or so before I decided to replace it. I was already aware of my caps leaking for a while, but I decided to wait it out until I experienced problems. The system just slowly got more and more unstable over the course of a week.

I have overheated a Duron & it resulted in an insta-reboot just like what happened with you. Based on my experience I'd check how hot the CPU is getting, however you cannot ignore what these guys are telling you either.

Back