• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to buy HD-TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sa3atsky

Hi, I'm looking to buy an HD-TV solely for TV viewing\next-gen gaming, most importantly for me is that it:

* Supports all HD resolutions
* Has the most Vivid colors, sharpness and clarity
* Decent refresh rate with no ghosting issues
* Its Big enuff

My budget can go a little over $2000. I'm still stuck between LCDs and Plasmas, and I'm lost out of all the different models. Could you guys help narrow them down for me?

I picked up a Samsung 42" Plasma recently for $2150 at Circuit City. It had the best contrast and vivid colors and so far I'm very happy with it. I haven't seen a good LCD (good deep blacks) for near 2K but Plasmas should be easy to find in that range. Also, Walmart has a Sanyo for 1500 that looks really good but I don't know much more than that.

I got a Samsung HDTV for the same reason and am dissapointed. The games look good but text is hard to read. For tv and dvds it is exellent though. Mine is a 30" tube that is 1080i. If you still want to try I would get a new one that has 1080p which is almost twice the resolution as 1080i.

Back