• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3-d Hangs -Could my P5ND2-SLI be the prob?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saffer

Could my mobo be the problem?

My computer is locking up and sometimes BSODing 10-30 seconds into any graphical benchmarking or game. It will sometimes freeze while loading a benchmark(3dmark2003)/game(Oblivion/CoD2), and it will always freeze within 30 seconds of loading. All the freezes require a hard reboot. The system runs fine when browsing/playing movies/MS office work.

System:
P4 805D 2.66ghz
Asus P5ND2 Sli
Patriot 2x1GB sticks of DDR2-667 (PC2-5300)
Antec Neo HE 550 Watt power supply
XFX Geforce 7600GT
SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series HD160JJ 160GB
LGA GSA-H10AB DVD Burner

I have tested with another power supply (430watt) and another video card (XFX 6800XT) and had the same problem. I have tried Windows XP Pro x64, and three clean installs of Windows XP and get the same freezes. I have tried using each stick of memory seperately in the various memory slots, and still get the freeze. The memory did have 3 errors in Memtest86+ over a 3 hour period, all during the same test. However, on the 2 passes before and after I have not been able to get the errors to show again. The system just completed 16 hours of prime95 with no errors. Drivers are the 91.31 for the Video and 7.15 nforce4 for the chipset. It has not crashed on a memory or CPU benchmark once, despite dozens of runs.

Any ideas on what to do next? The only thing I can think of is to RMA both the Mobo and RAM. Thanks for reading this novel!

Don't know if this will help but it's worth a shot, try relaxing the memory timings a bit or even run at a slower speed. Recently I had a similar problem with my OC, passed all tests and benches, but would freeze when running certain 3d apps. Are you at default speeds BTW.

If that's the best you can do screwtech02 you should consider not posting at all.

Dude, its the friggin truth, NUMEROUS people here will aggree with me, the Nfoce4 chipset for INTEL is KNOWN crap, ive been through 8 Nforce4 boards, c-19, and the newer one, and they ALL have died, or had to be RMA'd..

You want something that works, and performs, go AMD, or get a INTEL chipset board, enough said...

I wouldnt have posted if i didnt know wtf was going on......:rolleyes:

Back