• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply for 760mpx mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lumberjack

Registered
I'm planning on building a system based on the 760mpx chipset that uses a standard atx 2.03 power supply (the gigabyte GA-7DPXDW will be doing this), but I'm wondering how hefty of a power supply will I be needing for it? I'm guessing at least a 400w, if not more. Thanks

I would say that you will need at least a 400W supply. It really depends on the other peripherals you plan on adding. Raid arrays, and high end video cards burn up alot of juice.

I already bought the Enermax 550W, planning on a dual CPU set up as my next challenge.......

Doctor

I've got my dual 1ghz tbird setup (tyan s2460 mb) running off the standard 300w Antec PSU that came with my Antec case. I've got a 460w Enermax also that I'm going to swap it out for, but so far it's working fine.

What's the difference between the 760mp and 760mpx chipset?

Here is what I would do...
Get a 300W PC POWER & COOLING - TURBO COOL/SILENCER
PSU & a Generic 400W power supply, then connect them together
and you get the benefits of the Turbo Cool with 700W of power!
It works very well like this!

www.pcpowercooling.com

Turbo Cool power supplies are the BEST you can find...they
are a little $$$ but by doing this trick you get every benefit &
alot more bang for the $$$!

The 760 mpx is much cheaper and has better support for 32-bit/33mhz pci devices.....also it uses the far better amd 768 southbridge.....a via free chipset.....

Back