• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which would give me the highest OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phlow

Registered
which of the following processors will give me the highest potential overclock

Pentium 4 955 D EE
Pentium 4 965 D EE

Pentium 4 960 D

im using phasechange mach II GT cooler

with asus p5wd2-e premium motherboard

corsair twinx ddr2 8500

Hoping to get 7ghz if possible, or highest possible with phase change
nitrogen is not an option since I wanna use the computer everyday.

your not going to hit 7ghz on any of them.

at best you might get close to 5.5ghz if you get a golden chip 6ghz (really doubtfull)

any of the EE's are a waste of money.

A 930 would be decent, but in the end its all luck of the draw, all intel chips and amd for that matter overclock about as well as all the others in a given generation, there are always good chips, good steppings but they are the exception not the norm.

If you want cheap the 805, if you want something on 65nm then i would suggest 930.

The newer B1 930's are clocking pretty good and the one C1 stepping Ive seen looks even better. So if I was a betting type I would go for a C1 pressler regardless of model if I had the $$$$ the only 930 C1 was a OEM pull, the 960D's are all C1 (that model wasnt around before C1)
How many Ghz you would get on your phase? ehhh.. somewere in the 5's

In the article, they say it was liquid nitrogen.
They also tell you they used a Pentium D 805 which is a dual core proccesor that runs at 2.8 Ghz stock. They claim they manged to push the chip to 5 ghz on water and 7 ghz on phase change.

I am a little skeptical as this is a 250% overclock but I would say your best bet is to use the same set-up they have-except the nitrogen- and according to these results you should get in the 6 range.

It would be awesome if you could report back to us whatever you get as an OC out of your new chip.

The 805 is 2.66Ghz factory clock. 820 is 2.8 but either way I've seen many articles that say no matter what cooling you have sub zero or not it would not go 7GHz. Maybe they got a crazy good chip?

Last edited:
The WR for pressler is way up in the 7Ghz's.. you need multi stage cascade, uber autocascade or liquid nitrogen to pull something like that off.
Single stage phase change is the best you can do currently for a day in day out overclock and as I said I would give a conservitive estamate of in the 5's (possibly high in the 5's) for a good netburst overclock

But I havnt seen a C1 stepping pressler under phase so it would be nice to see some results :D OPTIMISTICLY 6Ghz :attn:
Just do it ;) :p

Back