• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Mag II - LE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scott d

Anybody used this? Seems like a cheap alternative to the D5 and MCP350

3.5 M head, 150GPH, Size: 2.1”W x 2.1”H x 1.74”D

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=230&cat=0&page=1
Multi-Unit : The small size and low power consumption of the MAG allows multi-unit installs. Though it will not increase the flow beyond a single pump unit (150 GPH) but it will help obtain the maximun flow rate possible in the system.

It's peroformance is just a little better then the CPS-MAG, and a few people aroung here (including me) think it's actually just an updated version of the CPS mag. Unfortunatally, no one has bought and tested one yet, so we dont know for sure. Want to be the first one and give us a full review (includind a few restricted flow test)?

QuietIce said:
I must admit the power connector is pretty cool. I'd love to be able to monitor my MCP655's RPM - better yet, control it ...

You should be able to...that knob on the back?

Just ordered one...will be used in combination with a BIP II, MAZE4 and soon an Apogee.

sir_pyro said:
Congrats, you just volunteered for a review of it ;).

Got anything else to compare it to (mainly noise wise) like a DDC or D5?

I had a MCP655/D5 that I just sold, I can repair it to that :p

It has arrived...and all I can say is wow, this thing is SMALL. Its only about half an inch thick (minus barbs), 1 1/2 ~ 2 inch long by about 1 ~ 1 1/2 tall...i need to find a camera but thing thing is tiny as hell!

Still no pictures but I got an update. I just made a small loop with a res. The pump is virtually dead silent. I don't hear it at all lool. I plugged it in, no sound, just tons of water presure. The water in the res where the inlet is is actually being forced back because of this pump...i need to go get my paycheck, i'll grab a presure gauge as well as some other things for whoever was interested. OH, how much wattage does this pump use up? I want to throw it on my fan controller.

Last edited:
daaaaaaamn, looks like a new standard for low-end pumps (assuming it tests like a low-end pump)!

Buy a 1 gallon jug, and a 1/4" and 1/8" hose barb th run it through if you can. I want to compare the flow data to the DDC and D5 i've tested.

Back