• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Woodcrest based servers out yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

I'm itching to get some new toys at work... Anyone heard of HP, IBM or Dell releasing Woodcrest based servers? Atleast the local pages (here in Finland) don't list anything yet.

Dell has already rolled out their new machines, distinguished by the x9xx number (e.g. 1950, 2950). The only problem is that if you configure the box with Woodcrest instead of Dempsey the ship date slips to 2006-08-02. We're trying to get our rep to check out if the date is accurate but the guy is on vacation.

Here the configuration tool does'nt even offer an option for woodcrests... I guess I'll have to wait till I return from summervacations.

expensive indeed, but if you earn your bread (or grades!) with it, then the support and peace of mind may be worth it : ) Plus, anything other than a dell or HP is a one for the good guys!!

OT but I'm running one of thier 7400 systems and LOVE it

I have seen it first hand. When I did desktop support at NASA, there was one woman who was a code writer and they always upgraded her to the fastest possible machine, otherwise while it was compiling she stood around drinking coffee getting paid god knows how much per hour while the pc just chugged along. I think she got a new updated PC every 4-5 months.

Back