• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows not booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duzzer

Had this problem for 2 weeks now windows freezes at black xp screen reset and asks wether to boot into safe mode and it hangs at a file called gagp30kx.sys bought a new hard drive and reinstalled windows and works fine tried to add corrupt drive and it goes past the xp screen then stays black.
Iv'e tried opening windows with new drive then pluggung old one in live but it just freezes the desktop.
I also ran the powermax hdd tester from the maxtor website and all the checks pass there is no bad sectors
I can only think its a missing file something to do with gagp30kx.sys thats stopping windows is there any programs i can run to recover the files or repair them booting outside of windows
Thanks in advance for your help

Open My Computer and do a search for gagp30kx.sys. I suspect that you will find a copy of it somewhere. Copy it to the system32 folder. Hope this helps.

Reinstall your operating system. IF that doesn't work, replug the components, reset the cmos and try again.

Change boot sequences and try that.

Back